Violent CrimesHave a Former Prosecutor Fight for You
Newport News Violent Crimes Defense Lawyer
What is a Violent Crime?
A violent crime is any act that involves aggression toward another or the threat of imminent bodily harm. These types of crimes are taken very seriously by prosecutors and judges who have a responsibility to protect the public. They involve charges ranging from misdemeanors to felonies and carry penalties such as jail or prison time, fines, probation, restitution, and restraining orders.
Types of Violent Crimes in Virginia
Examples of violent crimes include:
- Domestic violence/assault
- Aggravated assault (malicious wounding)
- Sex crimes such as rape or sexual assault
- Kidnapping or abduction
- Gun crimes
- Attempted murder and murder
How you are punished will depend on the type of crime involved, whether weapons were used, your previous criminal history, if any, and other relevant factors. If you are facing charges for a violent crime, do not hesitate to reach out to Ehrenworth Law, PLLC, today for experienced representation.
Have you been accused of a violent crime? Call Ehrenworth Law, PLLC, today at (757) 663-4477 or contact us online to schedule a free case review with our Newport News violent crimes attorney. Also serving in the Hampton Roads Area.
Virginia Murder Laws
Virginia Law section #18 details many of the following degrees of murder:
- Capital Murder - Class 1 Felony - Death penalty or life in prison, with a possible fine of up to $100k.
- Murder in the 1st Degree - Class 2 Felony - 20 to life, with a possible fine of up to $100k.
- Murder in the 2nd Degree - Felony - Up to 40 years, with a possible fine of up to $100k.
- Murder of a Pregnant Woman - Felony - No less than 10 years & no more than 40 years.
- Voluntary & Involuntary Manslaughter - Class 5 Felony - Up to 10 years, with a possible fine of up to $2.5k.
- Attempted Murder - Felony - Up to 10 years, with a possible fine of up to $100k.
How We Defend Violent Crimes
Our investigation into your case will be carried out with extreme thoroughness. An exhaustive analysis of the evidence can lead to flaws, inconsistencies, and errors that can be used to your benefit. Throughout the process, we will be searching for a solution that will best serve you in the courts. As your dedicated advocate, our firm will be by your side at every stage of your case, providing you with the counsel and support you need.
As a former prosecutor for 18 years, Attorney Ehrenworth offers useful insights into how prosecutors work, how they construct cases, and the tactics they use to get a conviction. Having that knowledge puts our firm one step ahead when it comes to deconstructing those cases for your benefit. Thus, you can rely on our reputation for an aggressive defense against violent misdemeanors and felonies in the courts.
Contact Our Violent Crimes Attorney in Newport News Today
Violence crime cases are among the most challenging and the most serious. If you are facing a criminal charge for a violent crime, you need to find a Newport News criminal defense lawyer with a strong track record of results. Experience does matter, especially in these cases. Turn to the Newport News violent crime defense lawyer at Ehrenworth Law, PLLC.
Reach out to our firm at (757) 663-4477 as soon as possible if you are facing violence crime charges.